Apartment of typology T1 totally renovated.
This apartment is fully equipped and furnished.
In a prime area of Lisbon, in the neighborhood of Alvalade, more properly a transversal of Av. of the Church.
You can enjoy a quiet area but with all kinds of local commerce around.
Book a visit and come and check out this reality!
Alvalade is a parish in the municipality of Lisbon, portugal, belonging to the Central Zone of the capital. The designation of Alvalade seems to originate from the Arabic designation “Al Balade”, which means inhabited and walled place. Here was fought, about 1321, the battle of Alvalade between D. Dinis and his son, the future D. Afonso IV.
The parish of the same name of Alvalade has for orago Santa Joana Princesa, but after the enlargement of 2012, the parish also includes in its territory the parishes of São João de Brito (orago of the former parish of the same name) and santos Reis (orago do Campo Grande).
Leisure and Culture:
Trade plays an important role for the population living in the parish and that visit, contributing not only to ensure its sustainability, but also to promote moments of leisure.
Two structuring areas for Lisbon’s commerce are located in Alvalade: The Avenue of the Church and the Avenue of Rome, arteries that stand out for the diversity of its offer, while maintaining its essentially traditional nature.
The dynamic and revitalization of these spaces contributes to the increase of the street movement and, consequently, the safety of these areas, influencing not only the economic life, but also the social and cultural of the parish.
The two municipal markets in the territory ? the Alvalade Market and the Jardim Market ? also play a fundamental role in the economic fabric of the parish.
The parish of Alvalade has a wide range of cultural and leisure equipment:
– Galvão Mexia Palace/Pimenta Palace – Currently the City Museum, is a copy of palace that served as a residence, one of the best examples of architecture on the outskirts of Lisbon.
– Rafael Bordalo Pinheiro Museum – Shows an exhibition of painting, ceramics, drawing, documents and publications dedicated to Rafael Bordalo Pinheiro.
– Fountain of Entrecampos – This Fountain is one of twenty-two fountains in Lisbon connected to the water supply network of the Águas Livres Aqueduct.
– Peninsular War Memorial – The monument was built to honor the important and heroic role of the Portuguese people in this war, between the years 1807 and 1814.
– National Library
– Coruchéus Municipal Library
– Manoel Chaves Caminha Library
– Alvalade City Cinema
– José Gomes Ferreira Park
– Campo Grande Garden
– Garden and Horticultural Park Aquilino Ribeiro Machado
– Bike paths: Alameda da Universidade, Avenida do Brasil, Avenida Frei Miguel Contreiras, Campo Grande and Rua Infante Dom Pedro.
Alvalade is particularly well-endorsed at the level of the school system, in the various degrees of education.
It has a significant offer of Public Pre-School Education, with four Kindergartens, and also home to several IPSS and other structures with valences in this area.
The parish also has six schools of the 1st Cycle, two EB23, and two secondary schools, which are also the host of School Groups, all of the public network.
In the parish also has the number of higher education institutions, especially in this area the University of Lisbon, and several of its largest units.